Old Agax News
- New SevenDust additive (v1.4) released, detecting and repairing another SevenDust variant (non-malicious).
- New version of Agax (v1.2) released, with bug fixes and new internet verification of Additives.
- Additive SDK released.
- New SevenDust additive (v1.3) released, detecting and repairing two new strains F2 and F3. It also repairs the original 'F', now called F1.
- New SevenDust additive (v1.2) released, detecting and repairing strains A-D.
Note: v1.1 and v1.0 interfaces are cross compatible, but you will only get the new features
(more informative reporting, Additives can condemn files) if you use v1.1 Additives with v1.1 of Agax.
- New version (v1.1) of Agax released.
- 'Code9811' Additive updated out of beta, and uses 1.1 interfaces.
- 'SevenDust E' Additive discontinued to make way for new 'SevenDust' Additive, providing
better protection against other strains new and old, and uses 1.1 interfaces.
- New 'AutoStart' Additive v1.0b1 released.
Agax is very loosely based on Antigax, my first antivirus program, which dealt with only one virus
('Graphics Accelerator', or 'Sevendust E'). When another virus came along, I decided the program needed
a bit of a revamp interface-wise and expandability-wise. After much work over Christmas I finally got
Agax to the state you see it in today (the interface always seems to be 90% of the work!).
Back to Agax home page
Last updated 14/6/1999